Preparing for your Virtual Tour
Every home has small issues. Don’t be concerned about the aspects of your home that can’t be changed. Focus instead on the overall de-cluttering of each space. Place clutter in closets, the garage or storage areas. Your photographs are designed to show the spaciousness of your home and as such are shot with wide angle lenses that make it impossible to hide objects in plain sight in any room. Objects that aren’t hidden in one of the afore mentioned areas will end up in your photos.
Take the extra time to find places for all of your unsightly items. This means brooms, vacuums, car keys, garbage bins, laundry bins, dirty dishes etc. should be put away before your appointment time to ensure they don’t end up in your photos.
Remember: What is important to you is not the same as what is important to your photos. Vacuuming, sweeping, dusting and scrubbing are important for your open house but for your Virtual Tour appointment what matters is de-cluttering your home!
– Make sure that all lights are working . Even during the day, they will be switched on for the session.
– Clear kitchen counter-tops. Leave a maximum of 1-2 appliances per counter-top area.
– Empty bathrooms of toiletries. Place Toilet lids down.
– Fix or replace blinds and curtains if necessary. It is impossible to exclude these items from the pictures.
– Position the furniture where it is best suited.
– Set dining table with your best dinner setting and candles if you like that look.
– Remove all Post-Its, magnets, kid’s drawings, personal photos from fridge and walls.
– Clean landscape. Mow lawns and clear driveway.
– Remove vehicles or be ready to move them during appointment.
– Close garage door.
– Tidy up tools, toys, and coil outside water hoses.
– Tidy up deck, BBQ area. Organize outdoor furniture.
– Place junk in organized piles.